Can Eating the Right Foods Bost Your Mood?
Is it possible that what we eat affects our mood? Nutritionist and Today Show specialist, Joy Bauer thinks so. If you recall, I reviewed one of Joy’s cookbooks, Slim & Scrumptious a few months ago and she had a lot of winning recipes in that book. In her book Joy Bauer’s Food Cures: Eat Right to Get Healthier, Look Younger, and Add Years to Your Life, She talks about how eating the right diet can affect different things like weight loss, beautiful skin, healthy hair, teeth, arthritis, osteoporosis, PMS, memory, migraines, insomnia, cancer prevention and others.
Of course there is no be all end all cure for these things, but do you think that eating the right diet can help you live a better, healthier life? That’s a no brainer. But did you know that certain foods and food combinations work very well to cure some of your ailments?
If your mood is up and down all day and you aren’t quite sure why, your diet may be playing a factor and it may be time to change it. So what makes for a good mood diet?
High Quality Carbs and Protein
- Non-starchy veggies like artichokes, broccoli, carrots, and peppers
- Lentils and Beans like black-eyed peas, garbanzo beans and soybeans
- Starchy veggies like corn, potatoes and winter squash
- Fruit: all fresh and frozen fruit
- Whole grains like barley, bulgar, oats and pastas
- Proteins like skinless chicken, turkey, fish and shellfish
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- From foods like wild salmon, mackerel, sardines, soybeans
- Wild salmon, mackerel, sardines, fortified yogurt, soy milk, egg yolks
B Vitamins: Folate and B12
- Lentils, soybeans, oats, oranges, shellfish, tuna, yogurt
- Eat consistently throughout the day
- Make time for your personal life