Guest Post Guidelines
Are you a Food Blogger? Would you like to guest post at Mangoes and Chutney?
Great! I would love to have you! Here are the FAQs:
What Kind of Content do you accept?
Clearly Mangoes and Chutney is a food blog, so anything food related works here. Recipes, tips, videos, food information, health food, bento boxes, etc. Get creative and make my readers want to come to your blog!
- Original, never been posted article.
- Your own work and photography (if not original photos, please give proper attribution).
- I will introduce the article, but you can include an “About the author” section and photo (if you wish) with a link to your website.
- I don’t have a specific recommended length for posts. But keep in mind that readers are busy and like to skim!
- Please forward the file in HTML format so I can copy/paste into the text editor. This helps the format look exactly the way you would like. Easier for both of us!
- Subheadings: if you’re familiar with HTML, please wrap any subheadings in your post in <h3> tags.
- Make sure your photos are large enough so they can be sized down. I would hate for them to be to small or distorted in the final post.
- Note that I am happy to include links to your blog, other posts you’ve written on your topic, or other helpful resources. I do not accept keyword links back to third-party businesses unless completely relevant to the topic being written on. If I feel that there are too many links in a post, I may edit some out at my discretion and will inform you of any changes.
- Please submit your post to my email email@example.com with the html in the body or attached as a .doc file.
- I do 1 – 2 guest posts per month and they are posted on Mondays. Please send your request at least one week ahead of time. If that Monday is not available, I will let you know the next available date.
- Please have completed posts to my inbox by the Saturday before your scheduled publish date.
- Posts go live at 8:00 am est on the scheduled date.
If you would like to include one, your bio should be 3 to 4 sentences about who you are and what your blog is about. I recommend including a link to your blog as well as your Twitter handle. Author bios appear at the bottom of the post along with a 150×150 thumbnail image, so be sure to submit a nice photo of yourself for use in the bio.
When your post goes live, I will post it on Facebook, Pinterest (if applicable) and Twitter. Please help promote your post! I’d love for you to direct your blog readers to the post on the day it runs and tweet it and/or post it on Facebook. I’ll do the same!